Benefits to Training Over Summertime!
Benefits to Training Over Summertime with Prospect Martial Arts and our Skillz program!
During the school season teachers, assistants, and counselors are focused on helping your children learn and grow. But what happens during the summer season when these people are not around? It makes sense that as a parent you would want your child to maintain some level of growth and development over the summer in order to limit or prevent your child from losing a lot of the skills gained over the last school season. This includes growth and development in the following areas: physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
With that said, one of the very best options is to keep your child active through a solid martial arts program such as SKILLZ™. Whether your child is currently active in a martial arts program and you are considering giving him/her a break from training over the summer, or you are seeking some sort of activity to get your child involved in, consider the benefits of our SKILLZ program training over the summer before you make a decision. To make your job easier, we have selected four of the top benefits and provided an overview of each one below.
The benefits that we are going to cover in this report are:
1. SKILLZ prevents weight gain!
2. SKILLZ prevents summer learning loss!
3. SKILLZ improves emotional stability!
4. SKILLZ improves social stability!
Let’s get started!
Benefit 1: SKILLZ can help prevent unhealthy weight gain!
Although it may seem like children are more active over the summer, the lack of structure also contributes to weight gain. Even just two days of structured physical activity over the summer can have a snowball effect on their physical activities at home. SKILLZ is so much fun, that children actually enjoy the physical workouts even during the summertime.
Did you know?
• Children gain weight nearly twice as fast over the summer because they are snacking more often, many times out of boredom or lack of proper supervision. At the same time, many children are also less active over the summer because they sleep in longer, watch TV longer, play video games longer, etc.
• SKILLZ includes fun daily classroom activities that boost physical development. In fact, children who train in SKILLZ practice more at home over the summer since they have more free time to do so. This means they will enter the new school year in better physical shape than the previous school year!
Benefit 2: SKILLZ can help prevent summer learning loss!
Many people have an image of summer being a carefree happy time where “kids can be kids,” and take for granted the benefits of enriching experiences from organized activities. Even just two times per week in a structured program can make a tremendous difference in a child’s intellectual development over the summer. SKILLZ provides these benefits in a manner that is also fun so that kids can still be kids and not lose that carefree and happy summer lifestyle.
Did you know?
• For over a century, scholars have recognized that summer vacation is a period when children’s brain development declines relative to the school year. In fact, studies have shown that children score much lower on standardized tests when they enter the new school season compared to the same tests taken at the end of the previous school year.
• SKILLZ includes daily classroom activities to boost intellectual stimulation over the summer. In fact, children who train over the summer also tend to progress even faster because their brains are not “bogged” down after a long day of academic learning. This means children can actually enter the next school year even smarter than when they left for the summer break because their working memory and fluid intelligence are expanded to a whole new level of development!
Benefit 3: SKILLZ training can improve emotional stability!
When the school year ends, children lose a lot of key contributors that boost self-esteem. This leads to less confidence entering the back to school season. SKILLZ provides a great environment for building children’s emotional development in a manner that is positive and productive.
Did you know?
• Children that lose self-esteem over the summer enter the new school season with many fears associated with making new friends, meeting new teachers, and bullying.
• SKILLZ includes daily classroom activities that strengthen children’s emotional outlook. In fact, children that are more confident enter the new school season excited about all of the wonderful opportunities that schooling has to offer!
Benefit 4: SKILLZ improves social stability!
Following rules are very important, especially over the summer when there are lesser rules that children must follow. This includes proper social behavior. SKILLZ develops proper social behavior during class, and those lessons carry over at home.
Did you know?
• Children that do not have proper social development over the summer tend to misbehave when they enter the new school season. At the same time, children that do not have sufficient positive social interaction over the summer enter the new school season with more anxiety.
• SKILLZ includes daily classroom activities that boost social development. In fact, children who train in SKILLZ over the summer tend to be the same students that get glowing behavior reviews from teachers during the first round of parent-teacher conferences. At the same time, children with the best behavior reviews are also statistically the students with the best academic reviews because they are not distracted by the repercussions of poor behavior.
The summer can be a wonderful opportunity to help your child not only enjoy a break from school but at the same time become a better version of themselves as they enter the new school year. What parent would not want to see their child enter the new school year physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially stronger? SKILLZ training could very well be the best investment you make over the summer!
Did you know?
Our SKILLZ program also provides several ways to help your child keep up with their training if he/she misses classes over the summer, or simply want more opportunities to train!
• We provide at-home training assignments in our Facebook parent group in the files section, and our MYSTUDIO app. These are great planners to use when your child misses class or wants to practice more at home!
• We provide FREE make-up classes during the week all year long for those students that miss class or simply want extra training.